Monday, March 1, 2010

Prayer Warriors...

That's what Layla Grace's mom and dad call us. Not heard of Layla Grace's story? You can read her story at http://laylagrace.org/. Sweet Layla Grace is a two-year-old little girl fighting a tough battle of stage 4 Neuroblastoma. I heard of Sweet Layla Grace's story on Friday through a website called Ruffle Butts located in Charlotte, NC. As I read the story of this amazing little girl my heart ached for her and her family. I've been haunted around the clock by the thoughts of this precious little girl dying as her family sits by her side but her story is amazing and her parent's Strength and Faith has not faltered through this fight. However, as I am writing this blog Sweet Layla Grace is in her final hours here on earth. Why am I writing about this sad story on this Monday morning about a little girl I have never even met? Because I have been touched and changed by this amazing little girl and so have thousands of others through Facebook and Twitter. God is using Sweet Layla Grace to touch the lives of thousands of people. This little girl has more than 27,000 followers on Twitter and more than 31,000 fans on Facebook. These followers and fans are what her parents call her PRAYER WARRIORS! They are amazed at the response they have received and need our prayers. My initial thought was to put this story way way way out of my mind and NEVER visit the blog again because it was too painful for me but as this little girl continued to pop up in my mind every few hours over the past few days I decided I can't just turn my back on her story. While it appears that God's plan for her is to leave this world the least I can do is ask my friends and family to say a prayer for a miracle for Sweet Layla Grace and if it is His plan to lead her Home that she goes peacefully and with no pain. I also ask that you say a prayer for her parents during this time. “For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them” – Matthew 18:20 Here is an excerpt from Layla Grace's blog:

"I take comfort in a few things. First, I know there are angels watching over her. I know they are sitting right beside her; that she is never alone. Her angels will usher her into heaven. Second, I know her death will not be in vain. She has done what God sent her here to do. She has gone above and beyond. I receive hundreds and hundreds of emails every day from people telling me their faith is stronger because of her. She has managed to do more Godly works in her short 2 years on earth than most people do in 80. I take comfort in the fact that when she returns home, she will be greeted by the Lord and hear “Well done good and faithful servant”. She will instantly be renewed and have a perfect heavenly body. There will be no more tears, no more pain and no more sorrow. She will see glorious things we can’t even begin to dream of. Revelation 21:18-21 says The wall was made of jasper, and the city of pure gold, as pure as glass. 19 The foundations of the city walls were decorated with every kind of precious stone. The first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald, 20 the fifth sardonyx, the sixth carnelian, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst.d 21 The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl. The great street of the city was of pure gold, like transparent glass.

I’ve spent all this time praying for her to be healed. AND SHE WILL BE. It just might not be in the way I want. Within a few short days, one way or another, Layla will be healed and absolutely perfect.

A received this poem that was written for Layla. It is so beautifully written and conveys exactly what is on my heart.

Layla Grace, Layla Grace, with your sweet sweet smile and your angel face
You have moved many while running your race, darling Layla Grace
Though you are young and your years be few
God’s doing wonderous things through you
In present times we don’t understand
It can be hard to see His hand
But we know it’s part of a greater plan
We believe this to be true

For those on the outside looking in
We see a giant girlish grin
It’s hard to fathom endurance so great
And the fiesty fight of this featherweight
In the midst of suffering and enormous pain
Your parent’s steadfast faith remains
What a testament to all who view
The trials you are going through

We pray for a miracle, Lord once more
Pray more fervrently than we’ve ever prayed before
Have mercy on your witness small
Bring healing, peace, and rest above all
Lord, you alone know what’s to come
Bring peace and healing to everyone

To all of whom this girl did hear
Whether distanced far or nestled near
You’ve blessed us with a heavenly light
Her courage shining bold and bright
Bring her family peace tonight
Steady their ship and steer

And if you call this wee one home
No longer on this earth to roam
If her moments left are fleeting, brief
Comfort us admist our grief
Remind us of your perfect will
Hold us firmly, planted still
Let our hearts remain aware
That she is in your loving care

You will hold her tiny hand
And guide her through Your glory land
No more need for her to cry
As you sing her heaven’s lullabies
And rock her gently in your arms
Untouchable to hurt or harm

What a special treasure made in You
This precious child with eyes bright blue
A shining reflection of your glorious face
Lord, Thank you tonight for Layla Grace.
For each measured moment before family may part
Make sweet cherished memories to keep in their hearts
She’s made this world such a brighter place.
Lord, Thank you tonight for sweet Layla Grace.


I know that today when my kids are rowdy and I'm tired and my fuse is short I will say THANK YOU! When Halle wakes me up in the middle of the night I will say THANK YOU! Hug your babies tight today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop